Monday, January 21, 2008

It's all along the way.

NATIONALS!!!!!!! THIS WEEK IS NATIONALS!!! I'm so pumped, and it's a great feeling.

Hey ya'll (I've apparently accessed my southern side), I hope everyone had a great weekend!!

Well, I have so much to do that I need to make this short. I had a great weekend that was fluid, fun, and very productive--it was awesome!

I woke up this morning with the "buzz" of nationals in my system and it just kept growing and growing and growing and by the time I got to the rink, I was saying out loud (as I'm pumping my fists and jumping (air-guitar style), "It's NATIONALS week!!!"

I started out my session with some of the best stuff I've done in a while. I was flying high, I was riding the wave, I was buzzing...

This is one of those things to be careful of. I actually had to consciously bring myself back down a little and say, I'm still in L.A. Today's practice is today's practice. I'm only doing what I need to--I'm minimizing the impact of the strain-training right now as today starts a 7-day skating week for me... I have to pace myself. I have to very much remember that just like making sure you don't get stuck in the lows of life... you can't get caught in the highs either. Today is just another day that I do what I do. I skate well every day and I'm very prepared.

I did a great long program with two small mistakes... one on a jump and one on a spin. That's not the focus though--it was a great program!!

It's hard not to be bouncing off the walls like a horse ready to sprint out of the gate, but as long as the horse is in the gate, bouncing off the walls isn't doin' anything for him.

I keep myself informed about my readiness--"I'm ready." I keep myself informed about my training--"I am a very well-trained athlete!" I keep myself informed about where I am and when--"I am right here, right now!"

All things are coming together beautifully!!

I'm not sure what the internet situation in St. Paul is going to be like, but I'll write at least once more before I leave and hopefully I'll be able to keep writing while I'm there.

Have a great day everyone!

Thanks,
Braden

(I have a lot more to say about today's entry. If I have time, I'll elaborate.)

No comments: