Sunday, January 20, 2008

Lovin' it!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnndd, it's Sunday; it's still the weekend. I'm pretty excited about that!

Hello peeps,

Today is when the idea of leaving actually starts to set in. Packing and getting all the things done that "need to be done before you leave" start to change the daily monotony of life. "I only have two nights left here, make sure everything's taken care of... what about ____?... what about that ______?... and what about those____?... OH--and make sure to_____! " Historically, this creates a little a little bit of anxiousness and nervousness that surrounds my every little move; occasionally I become a little more distant from whatever's happening in the "right now" as there's a general numbness to whatever's happening around me... as though the importance of the upcoming event supersedes whatever I'm actually doing. Not true this time. I've learned over the 300 years I've been competing that everything will be just fine and everything will get done without a problem. I'm not there yet, so there's no need to feel like I am. I'm still at home in L.A. and I love it. I have more to do than could possibly be sane, but I'm still totally psyched about it. I love to keep moving. I'm excited about next week. Today is one day closer to a trip that's going to be a blast and I can't wait. However, if I don't pay attention to today because I'm thinking about next week, I'll miss an awesome Sunday that I so routinely enjoy!! I'm going to have a GREAT day, I'm going to get a lot done (like my short-program outfit and Bebe [Liang's] long-program outfit), and I'll take an occasional few minutes for myself.

I'm very prepared for next week. Life is working in the little symphonic ways it so often does, where the seemingly choreographed chaos sends us screaming into the next moment like any great roller coaster. And just like today, on a roller coaster, it's our choice to open or close our eyes, put our hands up or clench them tightly against the safety bar, and scream for dear life or hold our fear in our throat 'cause there's no comfortable place to put it. Right now, I'm loving the ride!!!

Have a great Sunday!!!

Braden

2 comments:

sk8ngiraffe said...

Geez, you really need to look at writing a book after your phenomenal experience at Nationals this year! Your writing is something I'd aspire to but just don't have that gift (makes writing doctoral papers a real challenge! ha)

Don't forget to pack your white blazer, umbrella, "other skates," and music for your exhibition number on Sunday! ;-) I swear you won't regret choosing that number . . .

Jazzpants said...

Well, I know I will have a good Monday today -- I have the day off from work for MLK! *evil grin* (Well, these days it's debatable amongst my coworkers whether my real job is that or being a figure skater. LOL!!!) :-)

Hmmmm? Let's see... Don't forget your backup copies of your music (Bebe's too!), extra shoe laces, small sewing kit, etc. Bring something warm to wear! It will be FREEZING in St. Paul (single digits to teens.)

And most importantly, your list of affirmations!!! Actually, thinking about it, you only need to remember a few things: 1) BREATHE! 2) stay in the present, 3) one element at a time and 4) ENJOY THE RIDE! And you're already doing it! How easy is THAT!?!?! :-D

You're READY, man!!! Go kick some ice booties!!!! (sp?) See 'ya in the BIG TIME this weekend!!! :-)