Saturday, January 19, 2008

Paying attention...

Yo,

It's become increasingly important for me to pay attention to the last thing I think at night and the first thing I think when I wake up in the morning. Sometimes, we start out on the "wrong side of the bed." Well, my response... then get up on the other side!

I would like to clarify, this is not a comment sparked from being cranky in the least (there is no wrong side of the bed for me... at least not right now), I'm having a great day. I just simply noticed the first few things I thought when I woke up this morning.

A quick aside: I LOVE weekends! So does my body!!!!

I have already, and will continue to spend some time today thinking about how I'm in exactly the place I want to be for next week. It's all about building and maintaining confidence. I'm VERY prepared and I know that. I'm going to have a great week next week and I know that--that doesn't mean I know how, I just know it will be great.

Also, a big "Thank You" to my family for being as undyingly (that's a new word in Braden's world) awesome as they are, my girlfriend for being as supportive, understanding and encouraging as she is, and Becks and Jess, who constantly keep me on my toes and gave me explicit instructions to mention them in today's blog.

Today's a great day. I hope everyone enjoys it!!

Braden
(I'm starting to sound annoyingly positive and disgustingly mushy... yack!!)

1 comment:

Cleo said...

Yo, Braden!

I just read your informative and entertaining entries for the past week and it got me nodding my head in agreement, chuckling, etc. (I'm an amateur musician and so much of what you write pertains to performing music.)

It sounds like you're on the right track with your mental game. One thing at a time, stay focused. No 'what ifs', 'yes buts', or 'if onlys'. Anyone who performs knows that one perfect performance or one non-perfect performace is just that. It doesn't mean that it will be repeated the next time. Each one takes effort and staying in the here and now. No congratulating yourself or getting too excited part way thru because it may just slip away (I'm particularly guilty of that - 'Wow, I played that 16 measure difficult passage perfectly! ... oh dang, I lost my concentration and messed up the next part').

Braden, you are ready, man.